Animated video released for cover of Ministry classic
LAMB OF GOD recently released their full-length covers album as BURN THE PRIEST, Legion: XX, via Epic Records. The album is a collection of songs reflecting the greatness of the classic punk, hardcore, crossover and noise artists that influenced them in their formative years, released in celebration of BURN THE PRIEST‘s upcoming 20th anniversary.
LAMB OF GOD is pleased to reveal a brand new, Heath Bradley-animated video for their BURN THE PRIEST cover of the Ministry hit, “Jesus Built My Hotrod“. Watch the video now here: http://jesus.lamb-of-god.com/
Guitarist Mark Morton says about the track: “This was a benchmark song from the early 90s. We didn’t even originally plan on doing it – producer Josh Wilbur and I learned it real quickly and put it together. It turned out to be one of our favourite songs of the album. It features a side of Randy that people aren’t used to hearing. Nothing was planned, so it felt fun, and we just went for it.”
In conjunction with the video premiere, Legion: XX is now available for a special discounted price via iTunes for one week only.
While online, make sure to check out BURN THE PRIEST‘s two other previously released videos from Legion: XX – for the Accused‘s “Inherit The Earth” and Big Black‘s “Kerosene“.
BURN THE PRIEST was the original incarnation of LAMB OF GOD when they formed in the winter of 1994.
Legion: XX track listing:
- Inherit The Earth (originally performed by the Accused)
- Honey Bucket (originally performed by Melvins)
- Kerosene (originally performed by Big Black)
- Kill Yourself (originally performed by S.O.D.)
- I Against I (originally performed by Bad Brains)
- Axis Rot (originally performed by Sliang Laos)
- Jesus Built My Hotrod (originally performed by Ministry)
- One Voice (originally performed by Agnostic Front)
- Dine Alone (originally performed by Quicksand)
- We Gotta Know (originally performed by Cro-Mags)
Lamb of God will tour the UK in November, as part of Slayer‘s farewell tour along with Obituary and Anthrax.