Taken from new album ‘The Valley’
On March 29th, Whitechapel will release their seventh full-length, ‘The Valley’, via Metal Blade Records. Mixed by David Castillo, mastered by Ted Jensen, and produced once again by Mark Lewis (Cannibal Corpse, The Black Dahlia Murder), ‘The Valley’ is a reference to the part of Hardin Valley (west of Knoxville, Tennessee) where vocalist Phil Bozeman grew up. Set against this backdrop, he approaches his subject matter unflinchingly, building upon everything that came before, making it clear that he has survived that which he was forced to endure and is not afraid to confront it.
“Phil has been upfront in his lyrics in the past about hardships he endured in his life as a child, and I believe with this record we tried to paint a better picture of that,” says guitarist Alex Wade, who alongside his bandmates, stands 100% behind everything their vocalist has to say. “I feel our music is Phil’s release from his past, being able to get it out and speak about it, and hopefully anyone who hears it that may have gone through similar experiences can find some release in it as well.”
You can hear previously released new tracks, ‘Brimstone’ and ‘Black Bear’ at http://www.metalblade.com/whitechapel – where the album can also be pre-ordered in the following formats:
- box set (digipak CD, shoulder bag, 10 art prints, poster)
- clear w/ black smoke vinyl (US exclusive – limited to 600 copies)
- transparent red w/ black smoke vinyl (US exclusive – limited to 500 copies *Indie Retail Exclusive*)
- opaque red inside black haze vinyl (US exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
- opaque cream w/ black splatter vinyl (US exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
- black inside transparent orange haze vinyl (US exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
- orange / red marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 500 copies)
- 180g clear vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 500 copies)
- clear / black marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
- white / orange / red marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
- orange / purple marbled vinyl (EMP exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
- blood splattered vinyl (Impericon exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
‘The Valley’ track-listing:
- When a Demon Defiles a Witch
- Forgiveness Is Weakness
- Hickory Creek
- Black Bear
- We Are One
- The Other Side
- Third Depth
- Doom Woods
The band return to the U.K. in June to play Download Festival and announced new U.S. dates this week.
Metal Report Editor.
Ex guitarist in Zenopede, ex vocals for a goth covers band that was hailed as the future of Welsh music, former DJ, promoter and nightclub director. Writer for Gear4Geeks’ Blog4Geeks and owner of Gear4Geeks ltd. First published music critique was Kerrang letter of the Week.
Definitely has never been the future, present or past of Welsh music.